Take a break from the heat with this delicious ice cream
Ice cream is every child’s favourite summer dessert – they will love this finger-licking version!
During those hot summer days, all we want is a refreshing treat. Ice cream – apart from being the easiest, most delicious one – allows you to get creative in the kitchen. Today we are showing you how to prepare homemade ice cream. Who hasn’t found themselves loving a flavour they were unsure of at first?
You can prepare this delicious homemade ice cream with your little ones on a hot summer afternoon. It’s perfect for all ages, given the texture and creaminess of yoghurt and fruit. Enjoy!
Yoghurt ice cream with fruit
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 5 natural yoghurt pots
- 400 ml cream
- 40 g powdered sugar
- 8 strawberries
- 1 peach
- 1 kiwi
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk until semi-whipped.
2. Add the powdered sugar and mix it in using the whisk again. Make sure the mixture remains semi-whipped.
3. Whisk in the yoghurt and the honey until completely mixed.
4. Chop up the strawberries, peach and kiwi into small pieces. Add them to the mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a rectangular mould.
6. Pop it into the freezer!
If you want your ice cream to have a personal touch, you can decorate it with wafers, mint or spearmint leaves, or the syrup of your choice.
If you would like to bring some to the beach or the swimming pool, you can use plastic sticks and freeze them individually as lollies. Just pop them in before freezing the mixture! What ice cream recipes do you normally follow?
Don’t forget you can enjoy our ice cream selection during your stay in Elba Hotels.