Plans in Fuerteventura
The five best plans to make in Fuerteventura and to discover the island and its wonderful beaches.
Choosing just one of the islands of the Canary archipelago is difficult. One of our favourites is Fuerteventura, for its unique charm within the Spanish geography. Declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2009, this island offers the traveller many possibilities, each one more attractive than the previous one. Do you want to know what to do in Fuerteventura? Read on and take note of these 5 plans!
- Visit the “Isla de los Lobos” (Wolves beach): Only 2 kilometres from the northeast of Fuerteventura, this islet attracts attention for its beauty. As it is a natural park, access is restricted to 4 hours a day per person, with a maximum of 400 simultaneous visits. If you are thinking of going, go and reserve your place!
- Enjoy unique beaches: we could not talk about Fuerteventura without mentioning its impressive sandy beaches, with or without wind. The best beaches of Fuerteventura are those of Jandía, in the south, which like the Sotavento one stand out for their fine white sand. In the peninsula of Jandía we will also find wild beaches that will delight the lovers of kitesurfing, such as the remote beach of the “Viejo Rey” (Old King).
- Be a salt maker for a day: the Salt Museum is an obligatory stop for the curious ones. The El Carmen salt marshes are the only ones in operation on Fuerteventura and a curious museum has been built around them to discover all the secrets of salt.
- Discover a volcanic tourism: the volcanoes explain the orography of Fuerteventura and in the north of the island you can enjoy a route that runs through the area of Corralejo. It will leave you speechless!
- Don't skip lunchtime: majorero cheese, potatoes, goat stew... and for dessert, gofio. Fuerteventura's cuisine is supremely exquisite and you will quickly discover this in any small town on the island.
Now that you know what to do, it's time to look for accommodation in Fuerteventura, which will be easy thanks to the wide range of Elba Hotels on the island. We are waiting for you!